How to make a beef soup:
a. 0.5 kg beef stew meat
b. 1 onion
c. 3 celery ribs
d. 10 carrots
e. 2 peeled potatoes
f. 1 cup of frozen corn
g. 1 cup of frozen peas
h. 2 (400 grams) cans of diced tomatoes
i. 3.5 cups of beef broth
j. 2 small bay leaves
k. 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
l. 2 tablespoons of olive oil
m. 4 cups of water
n. 2 teaspoons of hot pepper sauce
1. Cut meat into small, bite-size pieces.
2. In a large dutch oven, sauté meat in 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium-high heat until all sides are brown.
3. Set aside on a plate.
4. Chop celery, onion, potatoes, and carrots into bite-size pieces.
5. Saute celery and onion in remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil until onion is golden (about 10 minutes).
6. Add browned beef, water, broth, tomatoes with juices, carrots, potatoes, corn, bay leaves and garlic.
7. Bring to a boil.
8. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until beef is almost tender, about an hour.
9. Add peas and hot sauce to soup.
10. Cover and simmer until beef is tender, about 30 minutes longer.
10. Serve and season with freshly ground black pepper, hot sauce, or crumbled saltines, if desired.
The soup should be ready in 2 hours and could serve 4-6 people.